Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science
For students interested in the world of business who desire a course of study that leads to a wide variety of career options, the business administration major could be the perfect choice. The business administration major provides students with a broad perspective on all of the critical business functions as well as a wide array of career paths and work environments.
All students take courses in accounting, marketing, management, operations and finance while applying important analytical tools and techniques to real business problems. Students develop competency in business decision-making by honing their critical thinking, problem-solving and teamwork skills in an active learning environment.
Optional internships enable students to integrate and apply their learning while opening the door to potential career opportunities in business. The major also offers excellent preparation for further study at the graduate or professional school level. The business administration major prepares students for a choice of professional, managerial and leadership roles over the life of a career, including entry-level positions such as project manager, sales representative, business team leader and production supervisor. Business administration graduates are in demand in a wide variety of industries – including manufacturing, services, retailing, technology, distribution, banking and finance, health care and consulting.
Requirements for this Major:
56 semester credits including:
- AC 101 Accounting Principles I (4 SH)
- AC 102 Accounting Principles II (4 SH)
- BA 324 International Business (4 SH)
- BA 400 Senior Seminar (4 SH)
- EC 200 Principles of Economics (4 SH)
- FN 320 Corporation Finance (4 SH)
- LG 315 Business Law I (4 SH)
- MK 203 Marketing Principles (4 SH)
- MK 317 Marketing Management (4 SH)
- MN 200 Introduction to Management (4 SH)
- MN 215 Business Statistics (4 SH)
- MN 216 Applied Decision Models (4 SH)
- MN 310 Operations Management (4 SH)
- MN 323 Organizational Behavior (4 SH)
All students majoring in business administration are encouraged to take electives in international business, accounting, marketing and mathematics. Internships are strongly encouraged.