Homecoming Alumni Weekend 2014
Thursday, September 25
10:30a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Registration – Holden Center
11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. – A visit to University Circle/Lunch on your own (cafés in venues) - Transportation available. 2 vans reserved.
Choose to visit
- The newly remodeled Cleveland Museum of Art - free
- The beautiful Cleveland Botanical Gardens - $12.00
- Fascinating Cleveland Museum of Natural History - $12.00
- The Rock in Roll Hall of Fame - $22.00/ seniors -$17.00 (65+)
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Registration in the Holden Center
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Cookout with the students (family event) - $10 per person
Hang out with LEC students – enjoy corn hole, bocce, Kan jam – test your skills against our students; enjoy the College Green!
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Art opening – B .K. Smith Gallery - Free
The photographs of Anastasia Pantsios ‘68 . Relive your days of Rock n’ Roll with her extraordinary photos of musicians of the 70’s and 80’s as she toured with the famous rockers!
Friday, September 26
10:00 a.m. Registration – Holden Center
12:00 p.m. 50th - 70th Anniversary Luncheon – Steele Mansion ( formally Mentor House) Free
2:00 p.m. Friday Afternoon Information Sessions
Student Panels: What’s happening at LEC
- What is it like to be a student at Lake Erie in 2014?
- Representatives from major clubs, athletics and programs talk about their life at LEC
- Does anyone still study abroad?
- Presentations by students who have lived abroad for their majors
- What are study abroad trips?
- A tour of the new PA Program
- Tours of the College campus by Ambassadors
*5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Class Dinner – $35.00 – cash bar – NAB Annual Meeting, Distinguished Alumni Awards at Kirtland Country Club
9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Young Alumni Event – The Winking Lizard – appetizers – cash bar
Saturday, September 27
9:00 a.m. Walking for a Cause – One Mile Fun Walk - $10.00
All proceeds will benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Tour and box lunch at Holden Arboretum - $25.00
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Tour of the Steele Mansion - Free
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Wine tasting– South River Winery – $10.00
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Organ Concert by Todd Wilson’s students - Free
*6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. President's Cocktail Party – $35.00 – Victor Manor House
- Joe Augustine – Artist in Residence – Steinway Jazz Artist
- Message from the President
- Class Pictures
Sunday, September 28
9:00 a.m. 9 holes of golf at the Painesville Country Club - $15.00/walking - $23.00/riding
10:00 a.m. Yoga on the Green/Dance Studio led by student yoga club - Free
11:00 a.m. Brunch, Book signing and student demonstration at the George M. Humphrey Equestrian Center – $10.00
- The Cleveland Grand Prix: An American Show Jumping by Betty Weibel’80
1:00 p.m. Self tour of the Lake Erie College Pheasant Run Airport - Free
1:00 p.m. Softball Alumni Game - Registration for softball alumni athletes - $10.00
*Shuttle services provided to and from Quail Hollow Resort