Benefits, Terms and Conditions:
Please read and understand the following terms and conditions before submitting your application. Please note: Students may not participate in both the Honors Program and be a member of a Learning Community.
Students must apply to the program no later than March 1. Space in the program is limited.
As a student in a Learning Community, you will experience the following benefits:
- A $1000 Learning Community scholarship.
- An ePortfolio that reflects and documents growth and development through your Lake Erie College experience. The process will focus on the integration of coursework, out-of-class experience (leadership, service and other activities) and academic/career development. Special attention will be given to the competencies or experiences that employers, graduate and professional schools indicate as most important. Students producing the strongest portfolios in the HU111 course will receive an iPad (or similar product), and will have their work displayed at the year-end event.
- Additional academic programming or travel as offered by faculty and guest experts.
- Social gatherings for students involved in the Learning Communities.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 accumulative GPA to receive scholarship funding. Students meeting the GPA criteria may also receive priority for trips, Learning Community courses, etc.
- Engagement will be defined as: Required attendance and reflective documentation of participation in a set of Learning Community programs (Learning Community class attendance and all assigned class activities). All students will enroll in LC HU125 Fall Semester, and HU111 Spring Semester of the first year.
- Two designated campus-wide programs offered by Lake Erie College each semester
- Two specific Learning Community programs offered each semester as noted by Learning Community Faculty Leader or Learning Community Course Instructor).