154th Commencement Ceremony
Lake Erie College welcomes graduates and their families to the 154th annual Commencement ceremony. Please familiarize yourself with the information contained in this section and share it with others who may be accompanying you on this special day. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we celebrate this momentous occasion.
- Tickets are required for the graduation ceremony. Tickets will be distributed by the Registrar two weeks prior to graduation.
- The lobby and main doors will open at 10:00 a.m.
- Graduates must arrive and check in at the main competition athletic arena by 10:00 a.m.
- With respect to fire codes and to ensure the safety of our guests, please park strollers in the lobby area.Children should have a ticketed seat or remain on the lap of an adult. Additionally, please leave graduate gifts (i.e. Flowers, balloons, etc.) in your car or at home.
- Pickup and drop-off and (limited) handicapped parking is located at the front lot of the Jerome T. Osborne Family Athletic & Wellness Center.
- We request that guests silence all cell phones and/or pagers prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Professional photographers have been employed to photograph each graduate receiving a diploma. Families will later have the opportunity to purchase these photos.
- To avoid congestion, maintain decorum in the ceremony and abide by all rules of the fire code, family members are asked to refrain from approaching the platform to take pictures for more than a minute at a time.
A reception will be held for all graduates and their guests in the
Arthur S. Holden Center immediately following the Commencement ceremony.
Tickets for the reception are not required.