Mail Room Services
- The Mail Room is located in the lower level of College Hall.
Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Phone number: 440.375.7025.
- All students are encouraged to sign up for a mailbox. They are free of charge!
- Residential student mailboxes are located in The Holden Center. Commuting students, faculty and staff mailboxes are located outside the Mail Room.
- We offer services in accordance with the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Fed Ex, and DHL Worldwide Express.
- Mail (usually) arrives by noon and is picked up daily by a U.S. postal carrier between 3:30 and 4:00pm.
- We will notify you via email when a package too large to fit in your mailbox has arrived.
Dear students, parents, and friends:
The US Postal Service has requested you address mail, packages, etc. to students at Lake Erie College as follows:
Lake Erie College
391 W. Washington St., Box ??
Painesville, Ohio 44077
Resident Students Forwarding & Address
(Important for you to know)
According to the United States Postal Service, DDM (Domestic Mailing Manual), Issue 57 (6-30-02):
Individual at Business Address - "A change of address may not be filed with the USPS for an individual's mail addressed to an organization, or to the individual at his or her place of employment, business, or other affiliation either during or after the termination of the employment, business, or other relationship."IN PLAIN ENGLISH:
As a resident student you are not allowed to submit a "Change of Address" form through the post office to have the College as your resident address even though you're temporarily living here (because the College address is a business address, not a residential one!).
If you want your mail to be delivered to the College rather than to your home, you need to notify each business organization (e.g., banking & credit card institutions, cable company, magazine subscriptions, etc.) and give them your college address.