Assistant Coach, Football
Notice of Vacancy
Assistant Coach, Football
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of assistant coach, football, one in defense, one in offense. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is developing student-athletes.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of position(s) assignment as directed by the head coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for on-the-field coaching duties as described and assigned by the head coach for all practice sessions and competitions.
- Functions in game-day organization and assignments as prescribed by the head coach.
- Evaluates opponents and develops a game plan, in accordance with position(s) assignment, as prescribed by the head coach.
- Performs recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the head coach and/or football recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the College and team, including the evaluation, contact and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled by the head coach.
- Assists in the development of team rules and policies.
- Supports, abides by and enforces all academic guidelines and policies of the College, athletics department and football program to ensure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the head coach.
- Supports and works cooperatively with sports medicine/athletic training, strength and conditioning, sport operations, NCAA compliance, sports information, etc. in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assists with administrative functions of the football program as directed by the head coach.
- Performs duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete wellbeing.
- Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Follows all institutional, GMAC and NCAA regulations regarding football and athletics in general.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards where student-athletes are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
- Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in physical education, sports management or related field preferred.
- Football coaching or playing experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical and mental performance related to the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and the ability to travel for team practices, competition and recruiting.
Under the NCAA Bylaw 11.1.6 Sports-Safety Training, each head coach and all other coaches who are employed full time at an institution shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Assistant Coach, Football Search [specify offense or defense], Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE