Head Coach, Wrestling
Notice of Vacancy
Head Coach, Wrestling
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of head coach, wrestling. The coach is responsible for recruiting and organization of the College’s wrestling program.
- Serves as primary recruiter for the sport of wrestling, identifying and evaluating potential students with that interest and organizing their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admission.
- Organizes, in conjunction with the director, all aspects of the wrestling program, including facility, competition and practice schedules and team operations.
- Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Works closely with the promotional and fundraising efforts of the athletic department.
- Follows all institutional, GMAC and NCAA regulations regarding wrestling and athletics in general.
- Makes budgetary suggestions regarding the proper operations and staffing of the areas of responsibility.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards where student-athletes are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
- Creates an environment and plan for the academic success of the team.
- Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
- Establishes study table hours for those student-athletes who are experiencing academic difficulty.
- Assists with transportation of team in vans or bus, upon approval.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in physical education, sports management or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in coaching intercollegiate athletics or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical and mental performance related to the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and the ability to travel for team practices, competition and recruiting.
Under the NCAA Bylaw 11.1.6 Sports-Safety Training, each head coach and all other coaches who are employed full time at an institution shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Head Coach, Wrestling Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE