Catherine KrammerAssociate Professor of Special Education
- Phone 440.375.7381
- Office LocationGarfield Center A13
- Office HoursMWF- 9:30-10:30,2-3, T,R by appt btw 9:30-3, F 9:30-11:30, 1-3
What makes Lake Erie College a unique place?
- The education department as a whole has a wonderful relationship with the local school districts, community agencies and other professionals in the field. Thus, we are able to provide quality placements for our students to do field and student teaching experiences, we bring in lots of great guest speakers, and take our students out to visit sites in order to gain a larger perspective on what they are learning in the classroom.
- Ph.D., Special Education
- M.S., Special Education
- B.S., Elementary Education
- Undergraduate Courses Taught:
- Working with Students with Autism-Online Course
- American Sign Language I
- American Sign Language II
- Introduction to Exceptionalities
- Inclusive Strategies
- Working with Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Curriculum and Instruction for Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Behavior Management-Hybrid Course
- Collaboration and Transition Planning-Hybrid Course
- Assessment and Intervention-Hybrid Course
- Field Seminar
- Graduate Courses Taught
- Models of Effective Instruction
- Fundamentals of Curriculum-Hybrid Course
- Exceptional Child in the Classroom
- Inclusive Strategies-Hybrid Course
- Educational Research Seminar (advisor for Master’s Thesis)
Research/Creative Activity Interests:
- Primary focuses: Autism, Universal Design for Learning, Cognitive Learning Strategies, Differentiation, and Deaf Education
- Ohio Association of Teacher Education: 2009-Present
- American Association of University Professors: 2009-Present
- Council for Exceptional Children: 2000-Present
- Council for Learning Disabilities: 2000-Present
- Teacher Education Division of CEC: 2006-Present
- Alexander Graham Bell Association: 2000-Present
- Ohio Association of the Deaf: 2006-Present
- Ohio Chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf: 2006-Present
- Quota International: 2007-Present
- Theoharis, Raschelle (2014). Invited to write a Professional Analysis (portion of a chapter) for Trains, Video Games, and Super Heroes: Max’s Journey. A first edition textbook on autism spectrum disorder (ASD). (In publication).
- Krammer, C. (2014). Deaf education mainstream programs. Contributed to the Encyclopedia for Deaf Education. Thousand Oaks, CA. Sage. (In press)
- Krammer, C. & Theoharis, R. (2014). Deaf education teacher preparation programs. Contributed to the Encyclopedia for Deaf Education. Thousand Oaks, CA. Sage. (In press)
- Krammer, C. (2008). Play school movement. Contributed to the Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
- Davis, C. (2006). Making inclusion work. In Gargiulo, R. M., Special Education in Contemporary Society (pp. 460-461). Belmont, CA: Thomson Learning.
- Founded the Lake/Geauga Autism Support Group for parents and caregivers who have a child with autism in fall, 2014.
- Certified online instructor via Quality Matters. Fall 2014
- Program Reviewer for Council for Exceptional Children
- Presented at National Council for Exceptional Children Conferences and National Teacher Education Division Conferences 2007, 2008, and 2009.