How Are My Educational Benefits Processed?
How does the process begin?
- You begin the process by submitting these three documents to the School Certifying Official (SCO) in the Financial Aid Office:
- Your certificate of eligibility.
- Your course schedule for the semester if you are not yet registered.
- The LEC Request for Enrollment Certification Form
What happens next?
- The SCO verifies this information and submits it to VAONCE. The process is now in the hands of the VA.
- If you have any questions, please call the VA at 1-888-GI-BILL-1
- You can also check online at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill. Choose the “Submit a Question” option on the homepage.
How are my tuition benefits paid?
- The VA sends tuition benefits directly to the Bursar’s Office. You can check your LEC account through LEO to monitor the status of your charges and payments.
- If your account shows a credit balance, the Bursar’s office will mail you a check, generally within two weeks.
- If you have any questions about your LEC account, please contact the Bursar’s office at 440.375.7022 or 440.375.7020.
How about my BAH?
- The BAH is not handled through the college.
- You must report your enrollment every month to the VA to maintain your BAH. (This does not apply if you are receiving Chapter 33 benefits.)
- If you are less than full-time, your BAH will be adjusted by the VA.
- BAH payments are made one month in arrears. This delay in payment is normal.
- If you have any questions about your BAH, please contact the VA.
*** Please note that you must make any calls to the VA yourself. Because of privacy restrictions, the VA will not disclose this information to third parties.