Mary PardeeAssistant Professor of Equine Studies
What makes Lake Erie College a unique place?
- The School of Equine Studies operates in a facility that is among the finest in the country and uniquely suited to combining classroom courses with hands-on, experiential learning. Classes are small enough to insure personalized learning and are taught by faculty who are not only excellent instructors but continue to participate in the equine industry at the highest levels. Our faculty works with the students to provide internships and job opportunities at some of the finest equine business in the country and around the world.
- M.Ed., Lake Erie College
- B.A., English, University of Kentucky
- Teaching Certification in Secondary English
- EQ 109 - Introduction to the Equine Industry
- EQ 316 & 317 – Methods & Materials of Teaching/Training I & II
- EQ 220 – Introduction to Teaching Riding
- EQ 312 – Equine Competition /Theory & Prep
- EQR 103 – Riding Skills III
- EQR 120 – Introduction to Hunters
- EQR 121 – Hunter I
- EQR 310 - Schooling
Research/Creative Activity Interests:
- Primary focuses: continuing education via clinics with top equestrian professionals and developing strong connections between the School of Equine Studies and equine businesses.
- United States Equestrian Federation
- United States Hunter/Jumper Association
- Intercollegiate Horse Show Association
- Wrote curriculum for two new courses for the School of Equine Studies
- Established and conduct the EQ 109 Kentucky trip – a four day trip to Lexington, KY that introduces students to some of the finest equine facilities, businesses and professionals in the world. This trip is consistently ranked as one of the top collegiate experiences by equine students.
- Developed and conducted three highly successful international study tours that focused on the history, culture, and equine industries of England/Ireland, Germany/Austria, and Argentina.
- Established an ongoing internship program for School of Equine Studies students with trainers in France and with WinStar Farm in Lexington, KY.
- Coached IHSA team members to National Finals for four out of the past six years as IHSA head coach.