Goal Statement 1: Achieve Program Excellence & Innovation.
Objectives & Action Steps
- Ensure high quality, assess viability and provide necessary resources of existing programs to meet stakeholder needs and demands in a global market.
- Determine most viable programs and student profiles.
- Strengthen Academic Program Review by determining specific review cycle for each program utilizing initial indicators of enhance, maintain, and revisit.
- Define, develop and achieve faculty/staff of sufficient size and skillsets to enhance the strength, vitality and agility of the institution and meet external requirements while considering resource availability.
- Review and revise general education requirements to represent experiences that are relevant, reflect twenty-first century skills, and provide opportunity to support the college mission, vision and values.
- Strengthen outcomes assessment plan and infrastructure necessary to support continuous quality improvement and student learning outcomes within available resources.
- Review and revise current academic retention/engagement programming to more effectively integrate these programs into both academic and recruitment activities to support the college mission, vision and values.
- Develop high quality new programs that meet stakeholder needs and demands in a global market based on appropriate assessment, research and funding allocation.
- Conduct comprehensive external market research and viability studies necessary to identify and consider programs across the spectrum of our mission with a particular focus in the area of healthcare.
- Strengthen professional career development programming through addition of post-baccalaureate and certificate programs to assist transitional students.
- Enhance efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery for all programs.
- Develop policy, practice and procedure that encourage efficiency and higher rates of educational goal completion.
- Develop programming that demonstrate relevance between what students are learning/experiencing and market needs, and enables students to effectively identify and articulate such connections.
- Utilize technology to enhance learning.
- Identify and implement methods to support faculty and staff development designed to improve quality of programs.