What Happens If I Am Deployed?

Lake Erie College has a policy in place to protect the academic status of our student veterans. Our goal is to ensure that our students are not academically disadvantaged by their service to our country.

Who is covered by this policy?

  • Students who have received a written order to report for active duty in the Armed Services of the United States due to national, state, or local military duty.
  • This includes current and former members of the United States Armed Forces, Reserve Units, National Guard, and other such military organizations.

What documentation will I need to provide?

  • The Registrar’s Office will require a copy of your orders for your official student academic file.

Whom should I contact?

  • The Registrar’s Office – The Registrar, in consultation with the Bursar’s Office and the Financial Aid Office, will help to determine the most beneficial action for the student.
  • The VETS Program – The VETS Coordinator, in consultation with the academic advisor and the instructors of the affected courses, will formulate and monitor an academic plan for managing course requirements.

What are my options?

  • Complete withdrawal from all courses, backdated to the start of the term, with 100% refund.
  • Continued enrollment with special grading options of Pass-Fail, Non-Credit, Audit, or Incomplete (I). Subject to course instructor approval.
  • Continued enrollment through electronic participation, which may or may not require an adjustment of course assignments. Subject to course instructor approval.
  • Any other arrangement deemed appropriate and acceptable to all parties.