Notice of Vacancy
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the position of custodial manager.
- Develops custodial services guidelines that include, but are not limited to, quality of service, confidentiality, equipment and supply training, daily duties, work conduct.
- Supervises all custodial employees.
- Schedules cleaning services on main campus, the Manor House, Equestrian Center, Founders Court, and Sessions that meet the needs of the College. Adjusts workloads to compensate for scheduled and unscheduled absences, changing priorities, and special custodial projects.
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and orders replacements, when necessary.
- Coordinates with college events director on event set-ups.
- Responsible for overseeing the collection of recycling material.
- In charge of trash pick-up inside and outside of main Campus and on College grounds.
- Responsible for hiring and training all custodial employees according to established guidelines.
- Ensures that administrative records, such as attendance, for the custodial staff are accurate and current by reviewing and approving time cards and monitoring employee absences.
- Must report any maintenance issues observed through the cleaning process.
- Conducts cleaning evaluations in all areas according to established cleaning guidelines.
- Conducts thorough quarterly employee evaluations.
- Develops workbooks that detail cleaning procedures in all buildings and outside areas.
- Develops off-season deep cleaning programs to touch on areas that cannot be cleaned regularly.
- Be on call and provide custodial services for any emergency cleaning or special event cleaning.
- Purchases and maintains any equipment used in the cleaning process.
- Makes sure all employees wear uniforms, if working, so they can be easily identified.
- Discipline of any custodial employees for violation of any rules or job requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of physical plant.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 75 lbs.
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to inspect facilities – may require climbing stairs and ladders, bending, reaching and moving furniture.
- Availability to work overtime in emergency situations.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Custodial Manager Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE