Graduate Assistant, Football
Notice of Vacancy
Graduate Assistant, Football (two openings)
REPORTS TO: HEAD COACH, FOOTBALL
STATUS: PART-TIME, EXEMPT
Lake Erie College, located in Painesville, OH, invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant, Football. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). Lake Erie has risen as high as 60th place in the Learfield Directors’ Cup Standings, which ranks over 300 institutions in Division II. Over the last five years, the institution boasts over 50 All-American performances and has garnered national rankings or postseason berths in nine of its athletic programs. The graduate assistant is responsible for duties as assigned by the head coach. This is a 10-month appointment, each year, for two consecutive years.
- Acts as a visible person to represent the College in a positive manner and to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Assists in coaching all aspects of the program.
- Potentially serves as position group coach.
- Scouts, evaluates and coordinates mailings and databases with potential recruits.
- Works closely with team promotional and fundraising efforts.
- Follows all institutional and NCAA regulations regarding recruiting and operations of designated sport in particular and athletics in general.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach or director of athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business or related field preferred.
- Acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program required.
- Collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics and NCAA rules and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Applicant must have either playing or coaching experience.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record for transportation of team in vans or bus and have the ability to travel for team practices, competition and scouting.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Graduate Assistant, Football Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. EOE