Mathews House

The famed master builder Jonathan Goldsmith designed and built this federal style residence in 1829 for Dr. John H. Mathews.

The house was moved to its present location on the campus in 1949 and was registered with the Ohio Historical Society in 1965. Today, Mathews House serves as the office for Alumni and Community Relations staff and as a guest house for alumni as well as other esteemed visitors, speakers, and guest performers.