Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need to take the GRE exam?

A:For a majority of applicants the GRE is not required. If you have an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale, the GRE is not necessary. In other cases, the GRE may be required at the discretion of the Dean of the School of Education and Professional Studies, depending on factors such as the trend in your grades, your undergraduate major and your work experience.

Q: What is a Blended Learning Format?

A: Blended learning creates an environment that utilizes the strengths of face to face instruction with the strengths and flexibility of online learning and requires more than transferring course information to the web and expecting results. Although the methods of instruction delivery will vary by instructor, blended learning allows for the blending of face to face time with synchronous conversations (online) and asynchronous interactions (online).

Q:Will I receive credit if I completed graduate courses from another college/university?

A: Yes. You may request approval to transfer up to nine semester hours or the equivalent of three courses from graduate study completed at another accredited college or university. To be eligible for transfer credit, you will need to have earned a "B” or better in those courses and to have completed those courses within the last seven years.

Q: Is financial aid available to M.Ed. students?

A: Students who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may be eligible for graduate student loan programs. The Lake Erie College FAFSA Code is 003066. Your personal Admissions & Financial Aid Counselor will be happy to assist you with the financial aid process.