Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) - Lake Erie College Physician Assistant Program
Earn your Bachelor of Science degree and your Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies degree in 5 years at Lake Erie College!
- This is a 3+2 program for qualified students, involving completion of a 3-year accelerated Chemistry degree followed by 2 years in the LEC Masters of Physician Assistant degree program.
- 4 seats are guaranteed for Lake Erie College students each year.
Physician Assistant program at LEC:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- SAT- 1260 or higher, or ACT- 28 or higher
Maintenance Criteria for the Program include:
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.7
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 or better in all LEC science courses
- Complete LEC prerequisite coursework with a grade of “B” or higher, with the exception of Organic Chemistry which should be a "C" or better
- Applicants are required to complete a minimum of 250 hours observing or participating in the delivery of healthcare in a clinical environment
- At least 50 of the 250 hours must be from direct shadowing of a licensed physician assistant
- Student cannot repeat prerequisites
- Background checks will be performed including Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII) report and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) report.