Nancy PrudicProfessor of Visual Arts
- Phone 440.375.7452
- Office LocationFine Arts Royce Hall 224
- Office HoursMW 11-2, F by appointment
What makes Lake Erie College a unique place?
We have a large fabulous Fine Arts facility and accomplished faculty in the arts. We also have access to wonderful scholars in all fields from business to humanities. This college is also small enough for students to have access to all of these resources and to build personal relationships with faculty.
- M.FA., Vermont College of Fine Arts
- B.FA., Cleveland Institute of Art
- AT 110 Drawing I
- AT 210 Drawing II
- Foundation Design 2D and 3D
- Experiencing the Visual Arts
- AT 240 Art History I
- AT 241 Art History II
- AT 242 Art History III, Non Western Art History
- AT 205 Ceramics I
- AT 305 Ceramics II
- AT 114 Sculpture
- Professional Practices, BFA Senior Seminar, numerous independent study courses such as Art and Technology, and Fashion and the Female.
Research/Creative Activity Interests:
- Primary focuses: I have exhibited my work in various venues my entire career. I’ve shown locally at the Cleveland Museum of Art, Brandt Gallery, SPACES Gallery, Collinwood Arts Gallery, and numerous other venues. I have shown regionally in Toledo, Pittsburgh, PA, Indianapolis, IN, and Columbus. I have shown nationally in New York City and Sacramento and Los Angeles, CA, and Boston, MA. I have exhibited internationally in Slovakia in Bratislava and Spis Nova Ves. My work uses the human figure to explore issues in politics, religion, and feminism.
- Won a Northern Ohio Live Award in Excellence in 1995
- Nominated for the same award in 2001
- Won Ohio Arts Council grants for 48 Hours of Making Art for 7 years in a row from 1998-2005.
- Published research with the Cleveland Museum of Art titled Materials and Techniques of the Artist and artwork in the Art Crimes series numbers 20 and 21.
- Produced work for Egyptomania, educational material for the Cleveland Museum of Art.
- Reviewed by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Angle Magazine, Scene Magazine, CoolCleveland, The Lake County Tribune, and the News Herald.
- Exhibited work in various venues throughout her entire career
- Shown locally at the Cleveland Museum of Art, Brandt Gallery, SPACES Gallery, Collinwood Arts Gallery, and numerous other venues.
- Shown regionally in Toledo, Pittsburgh, PA, Indianapolis, IN, and Columbus.
- Shown nationally in New York City and Sacramento and Los Angeles, CA, and Boston, MA.
- Exhibited internationally in Slovakia in Bratislava and Spis Nova Ves.