Lake Erie College Local Science Day
Date: February 9, 2019
Lake Erie College will be hosting our inaugural Local Science Day for students wishing to qualify for entry to a District Science Day. Students in The Ohio Academy of Science Districts 5 (Lake, Geauga, Cuyahoga, Summit, and Portage counties) and 15 (Ashtabula, Trumbull, Mahoning, and Columbiana counties) are encouraged to register if their school does not host a local science day (or if they want another opportunity to practice/qualify for a District Science Day). Students earning a superior rating at Local Science Days are eligible for entry to a District Science Day. Merit scholarships will be awarded as well as school sponsored registration for select students.
- Could be awarded a Lake Erie Scholarship ($5,000 / $3,000 / $1,000) based on merit
- Are eligible for District Day registration fees (up to 6 will be awarded)
- Can register repeat projects or can practice their projects at the fair
- Must adhere to the Ohio Academy of Science 2018-2019 Science Day Standards
Volunteer to Judge here.
The Lake Erie College Local Science Day will adhere to The Ohio Academy of Science 2018-2019 Science Day Standards. Specific guidelines for project display:
- Students should prepare a table-top display with maximum dimensions of 36 in wide x 30 in deep. The top of the display may not be higher than 55 inches above the table surface.
- The display must be able to stand on its own in a room with traffic (bumps and drafts).
- The display should not include anything that could cause injury to anyone who might touch it.
- The display should not include food or other biological samples. Pictures should be used instead.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in disqualification from the event.
PARENTS: During judging, you are welcome to wait in the Holden Center (building 5 on the map below). Coffee and snacks will be available. Please follow the signs after you drop off your student to parking at the Holden Center.
Resources for Judges
For additional information, please email email@example.com