While the Lake Erie College campus is generally a safe one, it is prudent to heed the following:
- Do not walk alone at night; use the campus escort service or travel in groups.
- Do not leave residence hall rooms or offices unlocked and unattended. If you will not be in your room, lock the door and take your purse and/or keys with you.
- Lock your car doors; look inside your car before entering. If possible, look underneath the car.
- Keep all doors to the residence halls, including the fire escape doors, closed tightly at all times (do not prop doors).
- Do not admit people you do not know into the residence hall. Guests should call the resident they are visiting and then wait to be escorted through the building.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch for suspicious persons.
- Learn safety techniques and where to find campus phones in case of an emergency. Call (440) 375-7575 if anything looks unusual or suspicious to you.
- Follow your instincts. If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, call security. Better safe than sorry. This is not about if you are right or wrong, it's about your safety.