Summer Semester at LEC
Looking to catch up on course credits or simply get ahead? Need to boost your GPA? Want a chance to focus exclusively on a trickier course?
Take advantage of Lake Erie College’s expanded summer course schedule. With both on-campus and online options, the summer semester at LEC offers a convenient and affordable way for you to achieve your goals.
Benefits of the summer semester:
- Stay on track to graduate in 4 years (or sooner!).
- Increase your LEC grade point average - only LEC courses are factored into your LEC GPA.
- Save money - taking 2 courses per summer for 2 summer semesters would earn you the same amount of credits as a standard full-time semester at less than half the cost of full-time tuition!
Three summer sessions are available:
- Session E: 13 weeks (May 16 - August 19)
- Session A: 1st 6 weeks (May 20 - July 8)
- Session B: 2nd 6 weeks (June 8 - August 16)
Tuition for the summer semester is only $499 per credit hour (plus a $55 fee for science courses with a lab). This rate offers more than a $300 savings from the standard semester. Save time and money by making the most of your summer at LEC!
SUMMER 2019 CALENDAR
Session E (13 weeks) May 16-August 19
TUITION and FINANCIAL AID
Summer undergraduate tuition is $499 per credit hour. Financial aid for summer semester classes generally requires at least half-time enrollment (6 semester hours) and often will be limited to federal direct student or parent loans or private loans.
Students may apply for financial assistance by filing the 2018-2019 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Transient students (guest students who are enrolled as degree-seeking students elsewhere) should contact their home school for financial aid related questions.
For additional financial aid information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid by calling 440-375-7100.