Academic Learning Center and Tutoring
Academic Learning Center Tools
The Math Lab is available for any students that need directed assistance while completing their homework, have questions about specific math problems related to a math course, or would just like some additional practice time with specific concepts.
- Students enrolled in MT104 will be required to attend the lab weekly, however all students enrolled in a math course are encouraged to attend.
- Located in Garfield B10, the lab is open at convenient times that can be worked into any schedule.
- No appointment is required for most sessions.
- All assistance is provided by either a mathematics specialist or a trained peer tutor with an advanced math background. If, after regular lab attendance, a student needs additional help, individualized tutoring will be available upon request.
The Writing Center serves as a central location where students can not only get help proofreading papers for a class, but also can seek assistance get help with any sort of writing project!
- Students enrolled in EN100 are required to visit the center with each essay assignment, but all students are encouraged to take advantage of the benefits of the guided assistance that is available.
- Located in Garfield B12, the center is also open at convenient times that will work around any class or athletic schedule.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but there is a sign up sheet to the door for guaranteed appointments. Appointments are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- All writing assistants have received specialized training by Dr. Jennifer Swartz-Levine, Associate Professor of English, after successfully completing EN305: Composition Theory.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Writing Center.
In addition to writing and math help, the Academic Learning Center also offers assistance in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Economics, Management, Accounting, Finance and other business courses.
All tutoring is designed to provide structured feedback; the student, tutor, and instructor will all work together to ensure each student's success.
- Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Requesting a Tutor in Other Areas
Students who need help in an area not listed above, or who cannot make the listed times, may request help by going to LEO (Lake Erie Online) and filling out the "Request Help" form in the Academic Learning Center Services section. Also located on this page are updated times for all our services. Students may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Academic Learning Center may also be contacted directly at 440.375.7374 for more information or to make an appointment.
Instructors are also encouraged to recommend tutoring for students enrolled in their classes and nominations for outstanding tutoring candidates are always welcome.
The Academic Learning Center (ALC) is Closed
- Between semesters
- During academic breaks
- On holiday
- On snow days
- For campus emergencies