First-time Freshman Admission
Lake Erie College provides an environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity, personal development and community involvement to prepare students to succeed as practitioners, professionals and responsible citizens in a contemporary world. We provide you with a highly personalized educational experience that will empower you to lead a life of significance far after you receive your degree. Take control of your future at Lake Erie College!
- Official high school transcripts
- ACT or SAT test scores OR a graded writing sample* (for Lake Erie College’s Test-Optional Admissions Policy, click here)
- Essay (500 words): Essay is optional for admission, but is required for placement and registration. Applicants are encouraged to submit essay at the time of application.
*Applying Test-Optional is not applicable to student-athletes, as the NCAA requires an ACT or SAT score to determine eligibility.
Students are expected to be enrolled in a college preparatory course of study in secondary school in order to have a solid academic foundation to begin college-level coursework. The cumulative grade point average in the core academic classes should be no lower than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
This course of study should include:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math
- 3 years of natural science (2 with lab component)
- 3 years of history and/or social studies
- 2 years of foreign language
Student Confirmation Deposit Guideline - May 1
- All admitted first-time freshmen wishing to reserve a seat in the freshman class must submit a $200 new student enrollment deposit.
- Students are encouraged to submit their deposits as soon as they are certain of Lake Erie College as their college choice; room assignments and roommate preferences are based on date priority. Additional deposit information and the Confirmation of Enrollment form will arrive with the acceptance package. Any students admitted after June 15 must submit the confirmation deposit and housing materials within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
- Any student canceling a housing contract after May 1 will forfeit the housing security deposit.
Lake Erie College abides by the National Candidates Reply Date of May 1, but we will continue to honor confirmation deposits for all students on a space-available basis up to the first day of fall classes.