Veteran Education and Transition Support
The Veteran Education and Transition Support (V.E.T.S.) Program at Lake Erie College assists individuals that have served or are currently serving in the armed forces of the United States of America, as well as their dependents, in attaining their educational goals. The V.E.T.S. Program supports students with guidance in their curriculum, as well as assistance through the College's administrative processes. The V.E.T.S. Program team also provides support by serving as a liaison between military life and the college experience.
The mission of the Veteran Education and Transition Support (V.E.T.S.) Program at Lake Erie College is to facilitate the successful enrollment, registration, advising, retention, and graduation of our Military Student Veterans by assisting them in transitioning from the military to the college and civilian world successfully. The V.E.T.S. Program provides academic support, benefit and education counseling, program information, and referrals to appropriate resources through a personalized approach that emphasizes individual attention and care.
VETERANS, Next Mission....... Graduation!
The V.E.T.S. Program proudly offers a team approach for the enrollment process at the College. The program assists the veteran in enrolling, registering, obtaining records, and applying for all Veteran Administration benefits, among other things. Our goal is to be there for our veterans from "Enrollment to Graduation" and beyond.
Military Friendly GOLD
Lake Erie College has been designated a Military Friendly School for the 2019-2020 academic year. In addition, we have received a Gold Award, which means that we ranked within the top 18% of the 114 Military Friendly Schools in our category (private, not offering a doctorate).
Nationally, over 8,000 schools are eligible to complete the Military Friendly survey; about 2,000 institutions do so each year. This year, fewer than 800 received the Military Friendly designation. The Gold Award places us among the best of this elite group.
Why Should Veterans Consider Lake Erie College?
- We are committed to supporting veterans and their families through specialized programming and services.
- We foster collaborative opportunities and relationships for veterans within the community.
- We assist veterans with their application to LEC and GI Bill benefits.
- We provide "The Bunker," which is a veteran-only center for studying and socializing, and a study room for individual work, small group meetings, and one-on-one tutoring.
- We have been named a Military Friendly GOLD School.
- We are a “Yellow Ribbon” School.
Yellow Ribbon Program
- Lake Erie College is an active participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program, an education enhancement program that allows a degree-producing institution of higher learning to enter into a tuition-funding agreement with the Veterans Administration to share the cost of tuition not covered by the Post-911 GI Bill.
- As a participant, Lake Erie College contributes significant funding for tuition for students who are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
"To serve the Veterans who served America!"
Thank you for your service to our country! We are proud to welcome you to the Lake Erie College community.