Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine
Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine - Lake Erie College & Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
Through our partnership with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), students can earn a bachelor’s degree from Lake Erie College in 3 or 4 years and a Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree from LECOM in 4 years. (This program requires successful completion of all medical curriculum, including COMLEX-1, COMLEX-2 CE, COMLEX-2 PE.)
- This program can be a 3+4 or 4+4 track, depending on whether the 3-year chemistry degree program is pursued at LEC.
- 5 seats are guaranteed for Lake Erie College students into the LECOM Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree program each year.
- LECOM has locations in Erie, PA or Bradenton, FL.
Accelerated 3+4/4+4 at LEC and LECOM:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- SAT- 1170 or higher, or ACT- 26 or higher
Maintenance Criteria for the Program include:
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.4 at LEC
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 or better in all LEC science courses
- Complete LECOM prerequisite coursework with a grade of “C” or higher
- Prerequisites may not be repeated
- MCAT is required, with a minimum score of 25 (at least 7 in each area)
- For incoming students provisionally accepted by LECOM, the MCAT is waived if the student completes biochemistry and genetics with a grade of “C” or better and if his or her ACT/SAT is on file with LECOM.