Transcripts & Verification Services
Please note: Requests for mailed transcripts are being processed once a week at this time. There are two types of transcripts, official and unofficial. Unofficial transcripts are generated primarily for your own records. They are printed on plain white paper with no official college signatures or seal. Current students may obtain an unofficial transcript from the student Portal, Lake Erie Online (LEO). Prior students may request one by completing the Transcript Request Form.
The cost for an official transcript is $5.00 for each transcript. An additional service fee applies to orders through the National Student Clearinghouse. Unofficial transcripts are provided at no cost and cannot be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.
eTranscripts cannot be ordered using this form and are only available through the National Student Clearinghouse option.
If you are unable to print the form from the link above, please provide the following information in writing:
1. Your name (be sure to include the name under which you attended if different now)
2. Student ID # or social security number
3. Your address and phone number/e-mail address in case we have questions about your request
4. The dates that you attended Lake Erie College
5. The program that you attended, i.e. undergraduate, M.B.A., M.Ed., M.S.P.A.S., Professional Development Seminars, etc.
6. Your signature is required. Your transcript will not be released without it!
7. Write whether the transcript is for your records "Issued to Student" or for a third party to be stamped over the envelope seal.
Transcripts are processed in the order of receipt. Normally, it takes 2-4 business days to process a request. However, it may take 5-7 business days for processing at certain times of the year, such as at the beginning or end of each semester.
Mail your request to:
The Registrar’s Office
Lake Erie College
391 W. Washington Street
Painesville, OH 44077
A request for a transcript may be faxed to a secured fax in the Registrar’s Office to 440.375.7014 with credit card information. A cover page is not necessary. Lake Erie College policy prohibits the faxing of transcripts or grades
Degree and Enrollment Verification Requests
Lake Erie College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide all enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171