Transfer Student Admissions
Want to transfer to Lake Erie College? Our transfer advising staff will make it easy for you to continue on your degree plan or create a new one! Stop by one of our Transfer Tuesdays and meet with our Transfer Enrollment Coordinator.
Here's what you need to apply:
- Application (Traditional, Online, Fast App or Common App)
- Official high school transcripts or GED certificate (if you haven't earned an associate degree)
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and/or universities attended
- Transfer Referral Form
- Essay (500 words)
- Student Recommendation Form
Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students
Renewable scholarships are offered to applicants based on their academic performance and strength of college-level coursework. Involvement in extracurricular activities is also considered. For students who have been out of high school less than a year, or have less than 25 transferable credits, high school performance and coursework will also be considered in determining scholarship eligibility. All students can apply for additional financial assistance by filing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), https://www.lec.edu/applying-for-aid
Lakeland Community College, Eastern Gateway Community College and Cuyahoga Community College Scholarship
Undergraduate students with a 2.5+ GPA from either LCC, EGCC or Tri-C who have earned 30 credit hours are eligible to receive a two year, stack-able scholarship for $2,000. The last institution attended must be either LCC, EGCC or Tri-C. Post-baccalaureate students do not qualify.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Phi Theta Kappa is a national honor society for students attending two-year colleges. Recipients of this scholarship are Phi Theta Kappa members who transfer to LEC with a minimum 3.25 GPA. The student must provide verification of their membership at the point of admission. This is a one-year award for $2000, $1000 to be credited in the first term of enrollment and the remaining $1000 will be credited in the second term. Note: does not apply to Post-baccalaureate programs.Transfer Credit
Lake Erie College will grant credit according to the Transfer Credit Criteria. To see how your courses will transfer, check out the Transfer Evaluation System. If you don't see your school or class, please contact the Transfer Coordinator for a transcript evaluation.
Transfer Evaluation Process
The admission process for transfer students ensures that transfer admission decisions align with transfer policies and requirements for admission.
- Students transferring to the Lake Erie College are required to complete an application for admission (Lake Erie College online application or the Common Application) and submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the Office of Admission.
- An official high school transcript is also required unless a student has earned an associate degree.
- Students who have earned an associate degree may submit proof of high school completion in lieu of high school transcripts.
- The Transfer Referral Form is required for all transfer students.
- ACT or SAT scores are not required but may be submitted. ACT or SAT scores are recommend for students who have been out of high school less than a year.
An application is considered complete and ready for review when all required documentation has been received by the Office of Admission. Documentation of information received is entered into Jenzabar, the college’s ERP system, on a daily basis and a student’s application status is monitored through daily update to enrollment reports.
- Completed applications are processed on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Transfer Admission and Credentialing Coordinator, and by the VP for Enrollment Management or Director of Recruitment.
- Applications may also be referred for further review to an admission committee made up of two admission staff and two faculty members or the Director of the Student Success Center, ex: student who submits documentation of a learning disability or an IEP (individualized education program) would be reviewed by the admission committee.
The Transfer Admission and Credentialing Coordinator provides students with an official evaluation of their transfer credits at the time they are admitted.
- The transfer evaluation process will include the Registrar, Dean, and Faculty as needed to ensure comprehensive review of credentials and credit transfer.
- Unofficial evaluation of transfer credits is offered to students at any time during the admission process.
Transfer Tuesday Registration Form
The Lake Erie College Office of Admissions is now hosting Transfer Tuesdays! Make an individual appointment with our Transfer Admissions and Credentialing Coordinator who will guide you through the application process.
We highly encourage you to bring all of your official or unofficial college or university transcripts so we can review your application on the spot. By the end of your appointment, you will already know if you have been accepted to Lake Erie College! For students who are interested in seeing the beautiful LEC campus, we will offer an abbreviated campus tour after the appointment.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are a prospective transfer applicant, Transfer Tuesdays is the event for you! Register below for one of the appointment slots available.
If you have any questions, contact us directly at 440.375.7050 or 1.855.GO STORM or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.