Want to transfer to Lake Erie College? Our transfer advising staff will make it easy for you to continue on your degree path or create a new one!
Application Process for Transfer Students
Here is what you’ll need:
Traditional, Fast App or Common App
Official high school transcripts or GED certificate
If you haven't earned an associate degree
Official transcripts from ALL colleges and/or universities attended
ACT or SAT scores are not required but may be submitted
ACT or SAT scores are recommended for those who have been out of high school less than a year.
Optional Recommended Materials:
Essay (500 words)
LEC will grant credit according to the Transfer Credit Criteria, listed below.
1) Official Transcripts Must Be Forwarded directly from the sending institution to the Office of Admission of Lake Erie College. An official transcript presented by the student in a sealed envelope from the sending institution may be accepted in certain circumstances. Only official transcripts can be used for official evaluation and awarding of transfer credit. Unofficial transcripts may be submitted for a preliminary transfer evaluation. A student ,ay be required to provide copies of catalog description of course syllabi to assist in the evaluation of transfer credit.
Note: A registration block will be placed on a student's account for the second semester if the official transcript is not received. An official transcript is required even if courses are not transferrable.
2) A maximum of 90 semester hours or 136 quarter hours will be accepted from a regionally accredited institution. Credit will be accepted only from institutions that are accredited by one of the regional associations listed below:
The Higher Learning Commission
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
3) Only non-remedial courses with a grade of "C" or higher will be accepted. A grade of "C" is considered to be a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4) Courses with a grade of "C-, D+, D, D-" may be accepted in transfer if they are earned as part of an associates degree.
5) A course with a grade of "Pass" or "Satisfactory" will be accepted provided the grading policy of the sending institution considers a grade of "Pass" or "Satisfactory" to be a "C" or higher.
6) Quarter-hour credits are converted to two-thirds of semester-hour credits. For example, 15 quarter credits would transfer as 10 semester credits.
Transfer students must meet Lake Erie College residency requirements
20 semester credits in a major
50% semester credits in a minor
50% semester credits in a concentration
Lake Erie College has developed transfer agreements with several two-year institutions, such as Lakeland Community College, Lorain Community College and Cuyahoga Community college. To see how your courses will transfer, check out the . If you don't see your school or class, please contact the Transfer Coordinator for a transcript evaluation.
Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students
We offer renewable scholarships based on your academic performance, strength of college-level coursework, and involvement in extracurricular activities. You can apply for additional financial assistance by filing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid),
Transfer Scholars, 3.5+ GPA = $14,000 per year
Transfer Scholars, 3.0+ GPA = $12,000 per year
Transfer Scholars, 2.75+ GPA+ = $10,000 per year
Transfer Scholars, 2.5+GPA = $8,000 per year
Lakeland Community College, Eastern Gateway Community College, and Cuyahoga Community College Scholarship
Undergraduate students with a 2.5+ GPA from either LCC, EGCC, or Tri-C who have earned 29 credit hours are eligible to receive a two-year, stackable scholarship for $2,000. The last institution attended must be either LCC, EGCC, or Tri-C. Post-baccalaureate students do not qualify.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Phi Theta Kappa is a national honor society for students attending two-year colleges. Recipients of this scholarship are Phi Theta Kappa members who transfer to LEC with a minimum 3.25 GPA. You must provide verification of your membership at the point of admission. This is a one-year award for $2000; $1000 will be credited in the first term of enrollment and the remaining $1000 will be credited in the second term. Note: does not apply to Post-baccalaureate programs.