Transfer Student Credit Criteria
Lake Erie College will grant transfer credit according to the following criteria:
- Official transcripts must be forwarded directly from the sending institution to the Office of Admissions at Lake Erie College. An official transcript presented by the student in a sealed envelope from the sending institution may be accepted in certain circumstances. Only official transcripts will be used in the evaluation process. A student may be required to provide copies of catalog descriptions or course syllabi to allow for proper evaluation of transfer credit. A registration block will be placed on a student's account for the second semester if the official transcript is not received. An official transcript is required even if courses are not transferable.
- A maximum of 90 semester hours or 136 quarter hours will be accepted from all accredited institutions. Credit will be accepted only from institutions that are accredited by one of the regional associations listed below:
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Only non-remedial courses with a grade of "C" or higher will be accepted for credit. A grade of "C" is considered to be a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Courses with a grade of "D" may be accepted in transfer if they are earned as part of an associate degree.
- A course with a grade of "Pass" or "Satisfactory" will be accepted provided the grading policy of the sending institution considers a grade of "Pass" or "Satisfactory" to be a "C" or higher.
- Quarter-hour credits are converted to two-thirds of semester-hour credits. For example, 15 quarter credits would transfer as 10 semester credits. Lake Erie College has developed transfer agreements for several two-year institutions, such as Lakeland Community College and Cuyahoga Community College. These transfer guides list the course equivalencies for Lake Erie College's general education requirements and for selected majors and are available from the Registrar's Office.